GAST looks to provide bursaries to individuals who strive to be top achievers and form a part of our ever growing team.
Bursaries are available for students studying towards a BSc, B Eng or B Tech qualifications in the fields of Engineering (civil; mechanical; industrial and mining), Quantity Surveying and Building/Construction Management
GAST is motivated by the principles of Employment Equity.
What will your Bursary cover?
- The company shall pay all fees related to your institute of study an amount of money equal to the annual registration fees, costs of tuition & examination fees.
- The company shall pay for all prescribed books.
- The company shall pay for all travelling costs incurred and remuneration to and from the institute of study.
Monitoring of Successfulness of your bursary?
Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student's academic performance and renewed annually. All bursaries are granted on merit.
The student will be required to work one year for every year of studies paid for by the company. In-Service training periods are excluded from this period. The service obligation period will commence after completion of studies/after graduation.
Who Will qualify for a bursary at GAST?
- South African citizen or permanent resident;
- Studying full-time towards a relevant degree and at a recognised South African university that is acceptable to GAST.
- Able to provide proof of his/her current academic results and be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with Maths and Science;
- Accepted by the chosen university or university of technology for the specific course;
- Students must maintain a minimum of 70% aggregate to be considered.
What is the process for Application?
Unfortunately all our bursaries have been completed for the 2019 financial year. Please visit this page again from July 2019 for further information.